Földmegfigyelési szakértői állás lehetőség: Earth Observation Specialist Ordnance Survey, Southampton
Earth Observation Specialist
Ordnance Survey, Southampton
About the Role
Ordnance Survey’s Business Change & Innovation Group is seeking an Earth Observation Specialist to investigate and develop novel approaches to the capture and enhancement of geospatial data. The primary focus of the role is to work as part of a team on the design and development of Earth Observation(EO) enabled content and services, to grow OS existing EO capability, and to lead and deliver satellite EO projects for UK and international customers.
The role is within an energetic, multidisciplinary team and you will be working on one or more projects with ambitious goals. Your focus will be on long term transformation of the business’s operational function whilst also delivering on short-term objectives. In addition to research and development, an important aspect of this role is the enthusiastic promotion of the team’s activity to gain the support of our many stakeholders. Key accountabilities include:
· Leading and delivering satellite EO projects for UK and international customers.
· Key role in shaping and developing OS’s satellite EO capability at OS
· Working with clients to understand requirements and to help design a service which meets client needs
· Providing EO related technical and strategic guidance to OS
· MSc or appropriate industrial experience in a relevant area
· Excellent knowledge of Satellite Earth Observation (EO)/Remote Sensing technology
· Very good technical Satellite EO skills – including automating data access and pre-processing through to development of scalable EO-enabled applications/data/services
· Proven track record of developing technically and commercially viable EO-enabled Proof of Concepts and content in a production environment
· Experience in relevant software (e.g. ERDAS, ENVI) and relevant programming language (e.g. Python, IDL, Matlab)
· Very good consultancy skills – able to work with clients and understand how to meet client requirements
· Very good communication skills – equally adept at working alone, or as part of a cohesive team
This role will be based at our Headquarters in Southampton.
Please upload your covering letter and CV demonstrating your suitability for the role.
20 February 2018
More information can be found at https://ordnancesurvey.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=629.
Senior Research Scientist
Operations, Ordnance Survey
Adanac Drive, SOUTHAMPTON, United Kingdom, SO16 0AS
Phone: +44 (0) 23 8005 5767